A larger number of tax-payers like to pay their taxes through offline mode. Payment of service tax online is very easy and simple you can do that in simple steps. E-payment facility has been offered by the conventional methods offered by the bank to their customers. e payment of service tax facility is basically said to be referred to as arrangement between the two. However if you wish to pay your service tax through online mode then first of all you need to register yourself at the bank’s online banking facility as well as service tax online payment facility. In the forthcoming lines steps to complete the process of service tax payment has been explained stepwise. For those who wish to pay their service tax by using service tax online payment facility offered by the bank.
Taxpayer is required to log in to the bank’s website. After logging into the bank’s online banking facility the customer is taken to the secure area of the banking online transaction area. After getting into the area of secure banking area you can click on the option “Pay Tax” where you can select the type of tax which you going to pay. After selecting the CBEC for Indirect Tax Taxpayer is taken to the option of challans in which all of the details are filled.
- If you wish to pay service tax online then the online software carry out verification of the details as provided in the online submission form. In the validation process codes of assessee, the software checks location and account head. It is only after proper verification of these details that you will be allowed to go ahead towards paying taxes online.
- Banks have specific jurisdictional areas for which it is entitled to collect the money from taxpayers. Banks accepts account codes from only those taxpayers for which it has the jurisdictional area.
- After all of the parameters have been validated, the taxpayer is taken to the place of challans where taxpayer is required to fill the challans of from as per the required challans format.
- Here taxpayer has the option to pay the taxes as per the instruction. Taxpayer also has the option to continue payment of taxes or it can be rejected.
- If the taxpayer has selected the option of ‘Cancel’ he is required to enter User ID and password which allows you to enter into the e-transaction module.
- However if you select option of ‘Continue’ you reach to the secure area by logging in with your user ID and password.
- In the next step the user is guided to provide his bank details like account numbers in which amount is to be credited.
- You can select payments transactions as per your own choice.
- If the amount has been credited user will be issued online confirmation page mentioning credit of the balance in the account.
After payment process in the bank are completed bank has the responsibility of taking those forms and receipts with that of your respective Income Tax Range in which you falls. However, settlements of all matters rest as per the rules from government of India.